Thanksgiving is here and people are celebrating this holiday with friends and family. Typically, people would have a Thanksgiving dinner even though we must agree that Thanksgiving is more about spending time with the people we love than what we have on the table.
Thanksgiving is one of many holidays that is celebrated widely across the world. Although we have certain images in our heads when it comes to Thanksgiving, there are some facts about this holiday that might not all of us know of.
Here are some top fun facts about Thanksgiving that you didn’t know about!
- 21% of people who hosted Thanksgiving dinners admit that they pretended to enjoy it.
- 40% of millennials would rather give up sex for a month than be responsible for cooking Thanksgiving dinner.
- 73% of people agree that having a fridge full of leftovers is the best thing about hosting Thanksgiving.
- 47% of people celebrating Thanksgiving serve a side dish from another ethnicity or culture such as kimchi, ceviche, enchiladas, halal dishes, gorton, pierogis, pernil, rutamus, and kishka.
- The most disliked Thanksgiving dishes are Cranberry Sauce (29% disliked), Turkey (28% disliked), Green Bean Casserole (25% disliked), Sweet Potatoes (24% disliked), and Stuffing (23% disliked).
- The most liked Thanksgiving dishes are Carrots (12% disliked), Corn (14% disliked), Macaroni and Cheese (15% disliked), Mashed Potatoes (18% disliked), and Pumpkin Pie (21% disliked).
- Even though considered as one of the most disliked Thanksgiving dishes, 70% of adults agree that it’s not a proper Thanksgiving meal if there’s no turkey.
Did you know about all of the facts that we mentioned above? Or do you have another fact about Thanksgiving that we didn’t get to mention? Share with us in the comment section below!
data source: The Harris Poll